Head of Customer Engineering
What we are looking for
Ditto aims to expand the internet. Our software enables devices to synchronize data in realtime, even where the internet doesn't reach. The core technology is a realtime database that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems that forms peer-to-peer connections and automatically syncs data changes.
We are looking for a Head of Customer Engineering to build and own this group. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use Ditto.
As a Head of Customer Engineering, you will lead a team of customer engineers. You and your team will engage with business prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Ditto, address as well as overcome technical objections that arise throughout the business process, become trusted advisors, and drive robust strategic technical strategies and solutions.
Work with a remote team, manage your own time, and tackle interesting problems. Ditto is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a rewarding and inclusive work environment.
- Maintain a team dedicated to helping Ditto users solve complex technical issues e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Partner with Ditto sales and product leadership to define the go-to-market strategy for industries
- Participate in opportunity review meetings, and provide insight into how to best secure the technical opportunity
- Collaborate with sales and engineering leadership to prepare a strategy/execution plan for the go-to-market approach.
- Determine staffing levels to support long and short-term business goals and team growth
- Promote Ditto across industries and provide thought-leadership related to transformation, technology, edge computing, and relevant industry trends
- 5 years of experience support or product engineers
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role within a professional services or systems engineering team
- Experience developing business strategy to lead a team to meet business objectives
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience as a Pre-Sales Director/Manager who has led sales engineers
- Experience with software lifecycle, build tools, and architecting/developing software for scalable, distributed systems
- Experience using and/or managing databases
- Experience crafting and tailoring a compelling message for a given audience
- Digital industry experience and sub regional knowledge
- Knowledge of mobile, IoT, edge and related industry and technical concepts