Customer Engineer - Mobile
What we are looking for
Ditto aims to expand the internet. Our software enables devices to synchronize data in realtime, even where the internet doesn't reach. The core technology is a realtime database that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems that forms peer-to-peer connections and automatically syncs data changes.
We are looking for an customer engineer that will help our Fortune 500 clients integrating Ditto. You will work closely with highly skilled engineers and developers, encounter many different kinds of problems, recognise patterns, provide product feedback, contribute to documentation, shape processes, and help guide the evolution of the Ditto product itself. Most importantly, you will help our customers launch and run all manner of mobile applications using Ditto.
Our current customers are high profile companies and traditionally needed face-to-face meetings to fully understand our product. Now, almost all of this has moved to video conference calls. Since many of our customers and clients are from around the world, you may need to jump on calls that are more aligned with your client's time zone than your own.
Work with a remote team, manage your own time, and tackle interesting problems. Ditto is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skillsets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a rewarding and inclusive work environment.
- Help Ditto users solving complex issues with their mobile solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Be an expert on best practices for developing and running mobile applications using Ditto at scale, whatever that scale may be
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the engineering and product teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from Ditto users and escalate problems to include other team members as needed
- Recognise patterns, and effectively categorise and create links between related issues and projects
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- Ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Engage with our customers for their success with Ditto by solving their challenging technical problems, applying advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Ability to develop simple mobile applications using Xcode or Android Studio
- Read and understand the intent of code and stack traces in one or more languages of: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, JS
- Comfortably navigate through Linux systems using a shell
- Write simple reproduction scripts
- Software development background in multiple languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, and/or React-Native
- Mobile development background with Swift, Objective-C, Java, React-Native, Kotlin, and/or Xamarin